Welcome to the Link Church!
October 25th, 2020 Bulletin
TODAY'S MESSAGE: "Love One Another" - Pastor Josh Smith
GUESTS please fill out our online communication card if you have questions or would like to connect. https://thelinkchurchmh.churchcenter.com/people/forms/69846
OFFERING If you’re a guest, please do not feel obligated to give, we are just glad you came! To give online go to www.linkchurch.org/give or you can place your offering in the mailbox located in the sanctuary or beside the church office, or send an etransfer to [email protected]
SUNDAY MORNINGS AT THE LINK - We are now back to 2 services starting at 9 AM and 11 AM. We will still be streaming our service live at 9 AM,
REMINDER- if you have any Covid symptoms and are unable to go to school or work to please remain at home and join us online for Sunday service. Due to new provincial guidelines we are asking for you all to please wear a mask while singing
TODDLER AREA - Children under 2 will be able to use the café area during the sermon for the 9AM & 11AM service. This area is to be used at your own risk and parents are to remain with their children.
PRESCHOOL (3-5 year old's)- For the 9AM service Preschoolers will be using the the Preschool Room downstairs. For the 11AM service they will be located in the Toddler Room We have a space open for preschool aged kids (2-5). They will need to be dropped off before the service begins and picked up at the end of the service. If children need to leave the classroom at any point, they will not be allowed to re-enter due to guidelines.
ELEMENTARY (GRADES 1-3) - For both the 9AM & 11AM service they will be in the large open room downstairs. They will need to be dropped off before the service begins and picked up at the end of the service. If children need to leave the classroom at any point, they will not be allowed to re-enter due to guidelines. KIDS IN GRADE 4 ARE NOW INVITED TO JOIN THIS CLASS!
PRETEEN (GRADES 4-6)- Will remain in the service for the time being. Activity clipboards are available to use and are found in the foyer.
MINI YOUTH (Grades 4-6) – Is on every Monday at the Link from 6:30-8:00 PM. Kids in grades 4-6 are welcome to attend. This Monday October 26th is "Fall Fun Night" Come dressed in your costumes! If you have any questions please contact [email protected]
YOUTH BIBLE STUDY (Grades 7-12) – Youth runs weekly on Wednesday nights at the Link from 7-9 PM, in person and on ZOOM. The last Wednesday of the month is a fun event. The Wednesday Oct 28 is "The Ultimate-Mage-Mini-Competition Night" as many socially distanced games as you can fit in two hours! Winning team takes all...or most....because sharing is good. All youth in grade 7-12 are welcome to attend. If you have any questions or if you would like the ZOOM code contact Pastor Josh at [email protected]
WOMENS MINISTRY- The morning group runs every Tuesday from 10:00 AM-Noon downstairs at the Link. All women are welcome to join as they begin a 13 week Abide study. There will be childcare for this study for kids ages 2 and up. Please contact Wilma at [email protected] for more info or to sign up!
The Tuesday evening group runs every Tuesday evening from 6:30-8:30PM downstairs at the Link and are studying "Seeking A Heart Like HIs" a study on David by Beth Moore. There is no child care for this study. We have a limited amount of study guides on hand so please email [email protected] if you’d like to join!
THURSDAY ZOOM PRAYER – is every Thursday from 12:15-1:00 PM through Zoom
Meeting number 843 977 421
Contact: [email protected]
SUNDAY PRAYER- Each Sunday between the services there will be a time for prayer upstairs in the classroom behind the balcony from 10:15-10:45AM There will be thanksgiving prayer, prayer for our Pastors, staff and volunteers, and prayer for our own personal relationships with God. There will also be prayer support for anyone who is going through a personal struggle or who has been impacted by the message. Please come and join in with this amazing ministry.
As we are starting back up, we are needing volunteers to help our ministries
- Greeters/Ushers : We are needing people at the front door to welcome people and answer any questions people may have coming in. We will no longer be shaking hands or providing bulletins, but we still want a friendly face as people come in! We would like our greeters to also help Linkers find seats in the sanctuary to help maintain social distancing where people sit. Contact [email protected] if you would like to be involved as a greeter
- Children’s Ministry : If you would like to help out with Sunday School please contact [email protected]. This ministry allows needs lots of volunteers and with new protocols we will definitely be needing people to serve in this ministry so we can safely provide Sunday School for your kids
- Sanitizing Crew : We need to do a quick sanitize of our bathrooms, children’s ministry classrooms, and high touch surfaces in between our 9am and 11am service. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to help out in this area!
- Computer Volunteers : We are in need of computer volunteers for the 11AM service. This is a great place for older Youth to plug into with a one service a month commitment. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to volunteer in this way.
- Tech Team : As we are now running a in person service and a online service our tech needs have grown. If you would like to learn how to do sound, video, or be involved in someway on our tech crew, please contact [email protected] and we will get you plugged in!
SHORT TERM HOUSE RENTAL NEEDED- Pastor Mike's parents are looking to come out to Medicine Hat for 8 weeks this Fall if they can find a place to stay. If anyone has place to house sit or a short term rental available please contact Pastor Mike at [email protected]
PRESBER FAMILY - Anyone who wants to donate to the Presber family can now receive a tax receipt if you send funds through The Link Church. Just clarify on the envelope or in the etransfer that the money being donated is for the Presber Family. If you have any questions contact [email protected]
SAVE THE DATE
PLAN TO PROTECT Plan to Protect training for new and recertification's for current volunteers will be held on Sunday, November 22nd at 7:00PM. If you cannot make it in person, there will be a ZOOM option available. Please contact Carissa at [email protected] if you have any questions.
FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT: Friday November 20th at 7:00 PM at the Link. More details to come!!
SOUL CARE EQUIPPING CONFERENCE This will be in place of our annual Awaken Conference and will be held on February 25-27th
PRAYER CHAIN Contact Leona Peters at 403.488.4836 or [email protected] with any prayer requests
SOCIAL MEDIA Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/linkchurchmedhat
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/linkchurch/
EMAIL DISTRIBUTIONS We send out weekly updates and reminders.If you would like to be on this distribution list, please email [email protected] and we will get you connected!
RIGHTNOW MEDIA This is the Netflix of Bible Studies and best news is….it is FREE for you.To get an invitation sent to you, email [email protected]
LINK BOARD MEMBERS 2020
Chairman of the Board – Reid Wilkie
Members: Bruce Sparkes, Greg Penney, Wilma Van Niekerk, Steve Thorne, Jurgen Schlenker, Nathan Wagner, RIck Aupperle